Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My First Project to Share!

So I'm having a bit of a hard time figuring out the blog. Sorry if you can't comment-I'll work it out one day. Anywho, here is my first project I'd like to share. I cant even remember why (as if I even need a reason to) but a couple weeks ago I ran out of the house and just had to go to my fave thrift store. I found this cute little desk and was so excited, I ripped the price tag off and made a mad dash to the front to pay. I knew no one else was going to buy it at that moment but you certainly cant take any chances, right? Here is what it looked like

minus all the hardware I had taken off to clean and paint! I was so excited about this desk because this was the first time in a loooong time that I completed a piece in one day, start to finish. After some light sanding, two coats of an oops paint and primer in one, a little spray of hardware, and some distressing -here she is now

I hope to figure out how to link to parties soon! My first will certainly be POWW @ Primitive & Proper = )

6 comments:

  1. this desk is so adorable- love the color combo! it's very me. cant wait fro you to join my party tonight and looking forward to w/d! went apple picking this weekend so will probably make some kind of apple treat!
    also, no crumpton for me this week... i need to sell some things before i have a need to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, thanks for my first comment! i dont think i will make it to w&d, aubrae and i are both sick :-( maybe i'll host my own with her and we'll call it robitussin & design = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Emily, what a great desk! And I love the color combination. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you through Primitive & Proper and just wanted to say bravo on your new blog and on the fantastic desk redo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! :) Congrats to completing that in one day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous makeover! It did remind me of something Cassie might do! Lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete