Thursday, March 29, 2012

A dresser to share!

First off, I know my blog page is a mess and I apologize. No tittle, things half done, things not done, etc. But that's kinda how I roll in life so I'm just gonna stick with what works for me : )

I am super excited to share a piece with you all! I bought this dresser about a month ago off CL. I was thinking it would be perfect for my daughters room but once I moved it in there, no can do. Way too deep and I was stuck feeling like her room was all bed and dresser (she was upgraded to a full last spring). Good thing for me, I'm in the business of selling this stuff.

Anywho, it started out like this


I was a bit bummed after driving to the city, carrying it down 4 HUGE and curvy row home staircases, that the top 2 drawer fronts were badly broken. Apparently I didn't see those prior ; ( So I decided on adding boards to the bottom and buying some baskets to fit. It also had some pretty wicked carvings on the top and sides. Things like "def leopard #1", "get high", and I think the saying was "don't you go laying no boogie woogie on the king of rock and roll"! Ummm, what?

After lots of wood filler and a good sanding, I was super excited to try a homemade chalk paint recipe. I Sharon at Elizabeth & Co had recently shared a mixture she really liked and so I decided to try it. I'm happy to say it worked great and here is the finished dresser. I don't have a superb camera so this is as good as my pics get! A soft aqua, lightly distressed and drop pulls : )

I think it's adorable and I hope someone else does too!

Linking to:
POWW @ Primitive & Proper
Be Inspired @ Elizabeth & Co

7 comments:

  1. my blog doesn't have a "tittle" either. ;)
    and i love this dresser! it is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And did I mention that the baskets are adorable too! Glad to see you posting again! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO happy to see you on my reader!! I think the dresser is adorable too!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how this turned out!! Love the color and the baskets!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good sweetie! do you wanna follow each other?:X

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  6. Find your best furniture featured product deals, furniture discounts, furniture coupons and much more on almost every furniture item with great savings only on dealaboo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a very good job. You have inspired me, such a great concept with a huge impact! It has turned out so amazing. I am happy to found your blog. Thanks for making such a great blog and sharing your information with nice design and pictures. If you want to buy home furniture you must visit to http://www.mybobs.com, we provide a best quality of furniture with awesome designs.

    Bobs Furniture | Bob's Discount Furniture

    ReplyDelete